Want to have a yummy FREE lunch next Tuesday? Come to the Scholarship Luncheon — transportation provided (see picture for details). We need students to come sit at tables during the Scholarship Luncheon, an event that raises funds for student scholarships. We would love to have you join us!
FINAL EXAMS: December 7 – 10, 2015
To view the final exam schedule online: https://inside.corban.edu/calendars/final-examinations
SPRING SEMESTER REGISTRATION: It is time to start scheduling appointments with your advisor:
All Graduating Seniors should already be registered for their classes for spring semester. Please check SIS to see if you need to make any changes to your spring schedule now. Students if you have a Student Life, Financial or Registrar’s Office hold on your account you will not be allowed to register. If you have a hold you should have been notified from the specific department and by your advisor.
- Non-graduating Seniors/Juniors : Registration begins on Monday, November 2nd
- Sophomores: Registration begins on Monday, November 9th
- Freshman: Registration begins on Monday, November 16th. New advisor information was distributed at freshman seminar.
Final High School and College Transcripts Due:
- Students, if you are a freshman and have not sent in your final high school transcript, please put in your request now to have your transcript sent to the registrar’s office at Corban. If we haven’t received your transcript, you and your core advisor have been notified. Transcripts will need to in the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of spring semester registration, otherwise this will prevent you from being able to register for classes.
- If you have taken classes at another university or college and have not had your final transcripts sent to Corban. Please contact the schools registrar’s office and have your final official transcript mailed to the registrar’s office at Corban.
Graduating this year?
If you did not apply to graduate last April, it is not too late. Pick up a graduation application in the registrar’s office and submit your paperwork by December 1, 2015.
Thank you to all who hosted during Corban Experience! We have had a flood of positive feedback from both students and parents alike, and it is in large part to volunteers like you. Hosts, don’t forget: Encouragement postcards are now located at the Front Desk in Schimmel! Completed postcards are due this Friday, November 13th.
Come join other young adults in Salem at The Spot – an all-city worship night for young adults in Salem next Friday, November 13th at 7:00 p.m. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/948312215236415/
Curious about teaching abroad? Interested in Latin American culture? Rick Anderson, Director of Ministry at La Molina Christian Schools, will present teaching opportunities at his campus in Lima, Peru while sharing Peruvian snacks and music. La Molina Christian School has been functioning in Lima for several years and has a student body of over 300 students. They need teachers for various grades and topics. This is an English speaking school that includes a vision for worldwide missions and a biblical world view to impact people near and far. For more details on LMCS contact Missionary Andy Pace – firstname.lastname@example.org. This event will most benefit Education majors, though all are welcome. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
When: Thursday, November 12, 4:30 to 5:30 pm
Where: PV 102
If you have an unpaid balance, or have Financial Aid documents outstanding, a registration HOLD is currently on your account preventing you from registering for Spring.
Please get in touch with the Financial Aid Office regarding your plan for this balance, so they can clear the HOLD prior to your registration date below.
Juniors & Seniors: Monday, November 2nd
Sophomores: Monday, November 9th
Freshman: Monday, November 16th
- If you have questions regarding your balance, visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account. You can also reach Financial Services at (503)375-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not see your Financial Aid reflected on your account, you may have documents missing. Stop by Financial Services and a Financial Aid counselor will walk you through the steps you need to complete. You can contact the Financial Aid Office at (503)375-7006 or email@example.com if you need to arrange for Additional outside loans.
Financial Services is open Monday through Friday, between 9:00 and 4:00 on the first floor of Schimmel. They would be happy to assist you!!
ENTERPRISE CAR SHARE
The Smartest Way to Get Around Salem from Corban University
Cars when and where you need them, starting at $5*/hour!
Enterprise CarShare is thrilled to introduce their car sharing program at Corban University. Their car sharing program is a great way to get off campus to run errands or meet friends without the cost of car ownership.
Become a member today for only $1*! Your first-year membership fee is waived, plus all members will enjoy $5* hourly rates thanks to our partners at Nissan.
Enterprise CarShare vehicles are parked on your campus and hourly rates include fuel and damage/liability protection so you can go where you want, when you want.
- Mobile reservations
- 24/7 vehicle availability
- Convenient, designated parking spots
Have questions? Learn more at www.EnterpriseCarShare.com/corban
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing
November 12 – 10:30am
November 13-14, 19-21 – 7:00pm
Psalm Performing Arts Center, Corban University
Come enjoy this Shakespeare comedy, which explores the joy and heartache of love, the shock of betrayal, and the horror and hilarity of misunderstanding.
Ticket pricing: Student/Senior: $10 — Adult: $12 — Child: $8
Tickets available at the bookstore, at the door, or online at https://inside.corban.edu/theatre/events