3pm Women’s Basketball Home-Opener vs. Simpson
7pm Volleyball vs. Oregon Tech
11am/12pm Cascade Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships (at Warrior Fields)
5pm Volleyball Senior Night vs. Southern Oregon
7:30pm Men’s Basketball Home-Opener vs. CAL Maritime
BATTLE OF THE BANDS AND PUMPKIN SMASH
Come to the psalm center at 7pm Sunday night to listen to 7 great bands perform. Then at 9, head down the hill to Farrar and support your fellow students as they fight it out to be crowned the pumpkin king.
If you have an unpaid balance, or have Financial Aid documents outstanding, a registration HOLD is currently on your account preventing you from registering for Spring.
Please get in touch with the Financial Aid Office regarding your plan for this balance, so they can clear the HOLD prior to your registration date below.
Juniors & Seniors: Monday, November 2nd
Sophomores: Monday, November 9th
Freshman: Monday, November 16th
- If you have questions regarding your balance, visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account. You can also reach Financial Services at (503)375-7030 or email@example.com.
- If you do not see your Financial Aid reflected on your account, you may have documents missing. Stop by Financial Services and a Financial Aid counselor will walk you through the steps you need to complete. You can contact the Financial Aid Office at (503)375-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to arrange for Additional outside loans.
Financial Services is open Monday through Friday, between 9:00 and 4:00 on the first floor of Schimmel. They would be happy to assist you!!
ENTERPRISE CAR SHARE
The Smartest Way to Get Around Salem from Corban University
Cars when and where you need them, starting at $5*/hour!
Enterprise CarShare is thrilled to introduce their car sharing program at Corban University. Their car sharing program is a great way to get off campus to run errands or meet friends without the cost of car ownership.
Become a member today for only $1*! Your first-year membership fee is waived, plus all members will enjoy $5* hourly rates thanks to our partners at Nissan.
Enterprise CarShare vehicles are parked on your campus and hourly rates include fuel and damage/liability protection so you can go where you want, when you want.
- Mobile reservations
- 24/7 vehicle availability
- Convenient, designated parking spots
Have questions? Learn more at www.EnterpriseCarShare.com/corban
BIBLE LANDS STUDY TOUR
Registration deadline is TODAY, Friday, November 6th!
People are registering for our May 2016 Bible Lands Study Tour! YOU TOO can go to the Holy Land with Dr. Tim Anderson and Dr. Greg Trull. They would love for you to join them! You can learn more by simply asking.
You can also receive three units of Bible credit. Ask us about that too.
Some basic tour info:
Cost: $2095 + Airfare
Dates: May 6-20
Payment $250 tour deposit due with your registration (reserves your spot)
Deadline: November 6.
FROM THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT
The Corban Music Department invites you to come and attend their upcoming events!
A Night of Jazz
November 6 – 7:30pm
Salem First Baptist Church | 395 Marion St NE, Salem, OR
The Corban Jazz Band will perform a lively selection of big band and modern jazz music. They will also be joined by the student-led Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting Combo. This concert is free and open to the public.
William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing
November 12 – 10:30am
November 13-14, 19-21 – 7:00pm
Psalm Performing Arts Center, Corban University
Much Ado About Nothing is a play for everyone. It is hard not to love it. To quote schmoop.com, “Not liking Much Ado is like not liking to watch videos of baby animals, lie in the grass on a warm day, or read Calvin and Hobbes. It categorically cannot be done.”
Ticket pricing: Student/Senior: $10 — Adult: $12 — Child: $8
Tickets available at the bookstore, at the door, or online at https://inside.corban.edu/theatre/events
Lunches available at the matinee on Thursday, Nov 12 for $5.
CanIL and CORBAN
Learn to fight poverty with linguistics… You can
- train people to read and write
- facilitate sustainable local adult and childhood education
- translate medical and agricultural literature
- preserve endangered languages and cultures
- translate God’s message of love
Professor Harrison will host Anita Lebold of our partner organization CanIL on Wednesday, November 11. We will be eating lunch in the cafeteria between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m. Students may also sign up to meet with Mrs. Lebold at other times in the morning and afternoon. Contact Professor Harrison for more details.
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
TODAY – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6th IS THE LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES!!!!
If you need to withdraw from a class, please stop by the Registrar’s Office to pick up a course change card. Once you have the required signatures, please return the form to the Registrar’s Office with your $10 fee per class withdrawn. Office hours are 9 – 4, Monday – Friday.
All Graduating Seniors should already be registered for their classes for spring semester. Please check SIS to see If you need to make any changes to your spring schedule now. Students if you have a Student Life, Financial or Registrar’s Office hold on your account you will not be allowed to register. If you have a hold you should have been notified from the specific department and by your advisor.
- Non-graduating Seniors/Juniors : Registration begins on Monday, November 2nd
- Sophomores: Registration begins on Monday, November 9th
- Freshman: Registration begins on Monday, November 16th. New advisor information will be distributed at an upcoming freshman seminar.
FINAL EXAMS: December 7 – 10, 2015
To view the final exam schedule online: https://inside.corban.edu/calendars/final-examinations
If you did not apply to graduate last April, it is not too late. Pick up a graduation application in the registrar’s office and submit your paperwork before December 1, 2015.
Final High School and College Transcripts Due:
- Students, if you are a freshman and have not sent in your final high school transcript, please put in your request now to have your transcript sent to the registrar’s office at Corban. If we haven’t received your transcript, you and your core advisor have been notified. Transcripts will need to in the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of spring semester registration, otherwise this will prevent you from being able to register for classes.
- If you have taken classes at another university or college and have not had your final transcripts sent to Corban. Please contact the schools registrar’s office and have your final official transcript mailed to the registrar’s office at Corban.
Curious about teaching abroad? Interested in Latin American culture? Rick Anderson, Director of Ministry at La Molina Christian Schools, will present teaching opportunities at his campus in Lima, Peru while sharing Peruvian snacks and music. La Molina Christian School has been functioning in Lima for several years and has a student body of over 300 students. They need teachers for various grades and topics. This is an English speaking school that includes a vision for worldwide missions and a biblical world view to impact people near and far. For more details on LMCS contact Missionary Andy Pace – email@example.com. This event will most benefit Education majors, though all are welcome. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you know you can attend (RSVP is not required, nor does it obligate you to attend).
When: Thursday, November 12, 4:30 to 5:30 pm
Where: PV 102
Come join other young adults in Salem at The Spot – an all-city worship night for young adults in Salem next Friday, November 13th at 7:00 p.m. More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/948312215236415/
October 28th-November 11th.
Dig through your closet and donate any warm clothes that still have some life in them!
Donate in your dorm lobby, or in Student Life (if you are a commuter).