Lumberjack Games- TONIGHT, September 26th at 9:00 PM!
Come out to the Lumberjack Field across from the gym parking lot for a night of woodsmen from Davidson and Balyo intensely competing in the following events:
• Axe Throw
• Bear Claw
• Root beer & Pancakes
• Four Way Tug-a-war
• Log Press
• Two Man Buck
• Log Joust
• Log Roll
Remember to wear your flannel and bring a friend!
Westrek: Hiking & Outdoor Club
Saturday, September 27th 9:45a.m.
Join Westrek this Saturday as they do a 4 mile round trip hike up to Stahlman Point – which goes through some old growth forest to a small peak overlooking Mt. Jefferson and Detroit Lake. Remember to bring a lunch, and meet in the PVG lobby. Cost is FREE!!!
Contact Gavin Bowen if you would like to sign up or if you have any questions.
Student Event Team Applications Due!
Today is the last day to turn in applications to be a part of Corban’s Student Event Team! If you are still interested but haven’t picked one up yet, there is still time! They can be found at Student Life and returned once completed to the President’s Office.
Student Life is reinstating a past tradition…every other Friday there will be free, freshly popped popcorn at the coffee/candy table in Student Life! In case for some reason you’ve never ventured by the Student Life area, we are on the second floor of Schimmel, right outside the ASB Office. Come check us out this afternoon about 2 or 3p.m. and get some fresh popcorn…just follow your nose!
Warrior Athletic Events this Weekend!
- There’s a volleyball game tonight at 7pm. WEAR FLANNEL to support both the volleyball team and the Lumberjack Games! Watch the Warriors take on Northwest University – – – BE LOUD!
- Men’s Soccer vs. Northwest Christian University on Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. The Evergreen State College on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Corban’s 1st Harvest Party!!!
Keep that flannel handy because Sunday September 28th from 2:00-4:00pm is Corban’s first Harvest Party!!
-peruse the garden and learn about how you can get involved
-play lawn games
-sip on cider and chat with friends
-win a giftcard. Say what??!
So come on down to Corban’s Community Garden–located behind the Nutria Pond–to kick off the fall season!
What do Harry Potter and John Wesley have in common?
Come with us to Great Britain and find out! Join Drs. Tennant, Kersey, and Baker, along with other students, alumni, and friends on a fantastic journey to England and Scotland. Great Britain tour, May 2015… it’s fantastic… it’s epic… and it’s affordable, even for the most “delicate” of budgets! Need more info.? Contact Sam Baker.
A NOTE FROM FINANCIAL SERVICES:
Watch for your October Tuition Statement coming this week!
• If you have questions regarding the information on your statement visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account. You can also drop by, or email us, or reach us at (503)375-7030.
• If you do not see your Financial Aid reflected on your statement, you may have documents missing. Stop by and a Financial Aid counselor would be happy to walk you through the steps you need to complete. You can also contact the Financial Aid Office at (503) 375-7006 or email@example.com.
• It is not too late to apply for a Monthly Payment Plan. Click here for an application.
Tuition accounts not on a Payment Plan, covered in loans or paid in full for the semester incur a
monthly late fee of 1.5% of the outstanding balance assessed on the 15th of each month.
This charge will begin on October 15th.
Financial Services is open Monday through Friday, between 9:00 and 4:00 on the first floor of Schimmel. We would be happy to assist you!!
Remember when you came to Corban Experience?
Calling all hearts for hospitality and service!
We will soon be infiltrated by a flock of young students, coming from exotic locations near and far, visiting our beautiful state of Oregon in November to experience life on campus. This is where YOU have the opportunity to open your “home”, share your journey and potentially inspire one (or all!) of these high school students to a path of Christ based education here at Corban. Go check out page 8 in this week’s Hilltop for some insightful and entertaining reasons why you should host. All the nitty-gritty details will be coming soon, but if you are so excited and you are busting with questions, feel free to email me, Michelle!
Keep your eyes open for Humans vs. Zombies publicity! Only a couple of weeks until the big event!
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
- Freshman: Final high school transcripts are needed in the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of spring semester registration, otherwise you will not be allowed to register for classes. If we haven’t received your final high school transcript you were notified via e-mail.
- Transcripts: Have you taken a course recently at another college or university? Make sure that you request an official transcript be sent to our Registrar’s Office.
- Dropping a class: You may continue to withdraw from classes through Friday, November 7th. Pick up a course change card in the Registrar’s Office and pay the $10 fee to withdraw.
- Graduating in 2014-15, but haven’t applied to graduate?: Please stop by and pick up a graduation application. The last day to submit your app is December 1, 2014.
From the Reach Office:
- Check out all Reach details on Converge, My Courses, Reach.
- No more summer Reach work will be accepted after 9-26-14 by 11:59 p.m. (that’s TODAY!), but you can register a project for this school year by following the instructions on the Reach page of Converge and uploading your registration.
- Questions? Email Val Geer.
From the Mailroom:
Please print you first and last name legibly on all your homework papers.
If we are not able to read your name, we are not able scan your homework papers for you…and we know you want them!
THE CORBANATOR IS ALMOST HERE!
YOU can find help for those little things you wish you knew:
1) Why does my professor make all those red marks on my papers?
2) Why is it wrong to say “Me and Johnny played video games.”
3) Why do I need to understand prepositional phrases?
4) How do I know what the subject of a sentence is? Why should I care?
DON’T BE LEFT OUT! JOIN THE CORBANATOR AND BE ONE OF THE “COOL” PEOPLE!
1) Sign up in the registrar’s office for En 081.
2) Pay nothing.
3) Earn one credit.
4) Meet Thursdays (Oct. 2, 9, 16 and 23) from 5-6 p.m. in AC3302.
Questions? Email Ellen Kersey
What is Japanese Anime?
Have you ever been interested in learning more about Japanese Anime, and what makes it such a unique form of art and storytelling? Join us Monday, October 13th at 7:00pm in PV108 for an in-depth look at this media with a special screening of Makoto Shinkai’s classic “5 Centimeters Per Second”.
How can I prevent suicide in my community?
The Wellness Center would like to encourage you to take a moment to read through the suicide prevention fact sheet and to view a short (8 minute) video explaining teen depression. Because:
One conversation can change a life and you could be the 1.
Faculty Recital featuring Casey Bozell, violin
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM in the Psalm Center
“PICKING UP THE PIECES” – NOW ONLINE
During the first chapel of September Dr. Matt Lucas presented a compelling introduction to Corban’s “Picking Up the Pieces” theme for this year. This past Monday Dr. Greg Trull launched “Picking Up the Pieces – Through the Book of Judges,” a 6-part Fall 2014 series by Corban’s School of Ministry faculty. If you missed either of these messages, it’s not too late. Both are featured on Corban’s social media channels, including Facebook (aka https://www.facebook.com/CorbanUniversity).
Check it out!
Homecoming & Family Weekend is October 3rd & 4th
There’s plenty going on and many options for you and your family!
Friday October 3:
- 1:30-2:30 LADIES TEA in the Psalm Center, yep, only females. This will include your mother, grandmother and alumnae. Special music, door prizes and Lee Ann Zanon, Adjunct Faculty, will share on “Smiling at the Future, Holding on to Hope”.
- 1:30-3 Disc Golf Tourney for GUYS only. Go play 9 holes of disc golf on the new course. Bring your own disc. Prizes will be awarded! Hosted by Campus Rec. This includes your dad, grandfather and alumni.
- 7:30-8:30 Best of Corban (not a competition — just showing off your talent). Join friends for a musical variety show of solos, duets, combos and some surprises. Kettle corn and candy!
- 9 p.m. Table Tennis Tourney with prizes. Hosted by Campus Rec.
YOU MUST, MUST, MUST RSVP FOR THESE EVENTS. Why? So we can feed you! So click this link to register for Friday (do it by Oct. 1)
Saturday Evening Oct 4th:
- 7-8 p.m. REACH Showcase in the Psalm Center. Come hear and see where some of your friends have gone plus yummy International desserts!!
- 7-9 p.m. In It to Win It. You already know what this is!! Sponsored by Campus Rec.
Just click on link to register for Saturday stuff by Oct. 1.