FREE – Popcorn in Student Life – TODAY!
Second floor of Schimmel…across from the ASB office.
The Barn Party is tomorrow!!
Come enjoy pie, dancing and fun with your fellow Corbanites!!! It will be at the Historic Horse Barn at the Salem Fairgrounds from 7-10pm!! Keep an eye on your emails for directions to the event!!!
TONIGHT Friday, October 24, JOIN US…..
At 7:30 PM – Concert Band and Choir Concert in the Psalm Performing Arts Center
Hungry for some pizza? Don’t feel like driving to pick it up?
Corban’s journalism students are selling value cards to Papa John’s Pizza for only $5 to raise funds to attend a journalism conference in the spring. Not only do the cards offer incredible discounts at Papa John’s (you will make up what you paid for the card with the savings from your first order), but Papa John’s has also decided to extend their delivery area to include Corban! For great pizza, at a great price, to support a great cause send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a journalism student to purchase your Papa John’s value card today.
The Wellness Center
We are developing a list of resources common to our Corban population to help assist you in getting the answers you need about your health or mental health needs. Please click here to see these resources so that when you need them you know where they are!
Also, we will be hosting a flu shot clinic for Costco on November 12th from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. If your health insurance does not pay for this the cost is an affordable $14.99. Please email Student Life to get on the list.
Athletic Events happening this weekend!
- Women’s Soccer vs. Eastern Oregon – Saturday, October 25 @1pm – SENIOR DAY & Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Volleyball vs. New Hope — Saturday, October 25 @7pm
Here is the World Outreach Week (WOW) schedule:
- 10:00 a.m. Chapel with Steve Richardson “Essentials (or Preparation) for the Journey – Hebrews 11”
- 6:30 p.m. Emitte Center – Mr. Troy Ready, Chaplain of the Portland Timbers, speaking on the topic, “An Open Door to the World through Sports and Athletics.”
- 8:00 p.m. Using Your Major to Be a Witness to the World (Nachos and beverages served) Four Locations…
- -Business, Math and History and Government Majors (Davidson)
- -Education, English, (Balyo)
- -Health Science and Exercise Science Majors (P.V. 101)
- -Music, Psychology, Ministry Majors (Aagard Basement)
- Noon Oakland Room in the Cafeteria – “Using My Hobbies in Missions”
- 6:30 p.m. Emitte Center — Come hear the story of the “Peace Child.” Steve and Arlene Richardson will share about how Steve’s parents sought to reach the Sawi tribe where three warring tribes once fought to the death and where now hundreds of believers worship the Lord in unity.
- 8:00 p.m. Global Worship Night — A Night of Praise for Salvation Among the Peoples of the World (Balyo)
- 10:00 a.m. Chapel with Steve Richardson — “Nature of the Journey – Opportunities and Adversaries, 1 Cor. 16:9”
- Noon Oakland Room in the Cafeteria — Q&A time with Steve and Arlene Richardson
- 8:00 p.m. “Missions” in America – Reaching-Out to International Peoples Among Us. (Davidson)
- Noon Oakland Room in the Cafeteria – “Stories from the Frontlines”
- 1:30 p.m. Emitte Center – For Women Only — Arlene Richardson speaks on the topic, “Extreme Devotion – How God Uses Women to Impact the World for His Glory”
- 8:00 p.m. Around the World in One Hour – Prayer for Needs around the World (Balyo)
- 10:00 a.m. Chapel with Steve Richardson – “Surprises on the Journey – Jonah”
Note from Financial Services:
If you have an unpaid balance on your account, or have Financial Aid documents outstanding, a registration HOLD is being placed on your account today. Please come see Financial Services so we can assist you with the payment process, and clear you for registration.
WE HAVE CHOCOLATE!
• If you have questions regarding the information on your statement visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account. You can also reach us at (503)375-7030 or email@example.com.
• If you do not see your Financial Aid reflected on your statement, you may have documents missing. Stop by Financial Services, and a Financial Aid counselor would be happy to walk you through the steps you need to complete. You can contact the Financial Aid Office at (503) 375-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• It is not too late to apply for a Monthly Payment Plan. Application is available here.
Financial Services is open Monday through Friday, between 9:00 and 4:00 on the first floor of Schimmel. We would be happy to assist you!!
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
- DROPPING A CLASS: You may continue to withdraw from classes through Friday, November 7th. Pick up a course change card in the Registrar’s Office and pay the $10 fee per class dropped.
- SPRING SEMESTER REGISTRATION: It is time to start scheduling appointments with your advisor.
- Senior Registration begins Monday, October 27th: All graduating seniors should already have registered for their spring semester classes. Please check SIS to see if you need to make any scheduling changes now.
- Non-graduating seniors will be allowed to register for classes on Monday, October 27.
- Juniors: Registration begins: Monday, November 3rd
- Sophomores: Registration begins: Monday, November 10th
- Freshman: Registration begins: Monday, November 17th. You will receive information about your new academic advisor in your upcoming core group. We must receive your final high school transcripts prior to the start of spring semester registration.
*All students, with the exception of Music majors will participate in self-registration. This requires you to set up an advising visit with your advisor to go over course scheduling and to receive your registration code.
Graduating in May of 2015, but haven’t applied to graduate?: Time is running out…The last day to submit your graduation application to the Registrar’s Office is Monday, December 1, 2014. Application are still available for pick up in the Registrar’s Office.
Are you currently serving in a capacity that you are intending for Reach, but haven’t actually registered yet? Make sure you upload a completed Project Registration Form through the Reach page of Converge (look under My Courses to find Reach). https://login.corban.edu/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fconverge.corban.edu%2Flogin%2Findex.php
Project Registration Forms need to be submitted before you start serving or while the project is current or underway. Questions? Just email email@example.com.
Anime Club Meeting
Calling all Anime fans and novices! On Monday November 3rd at 7pm, the Anime Club will be meeting in PV107. We will be looking at how the “popular” animation style has evolved over the years, and sharing our personal recommendations. To join the Anime Club mailing list please email Curtis Brown. See you soon!
- Trivia Question of the Week: From the TV Show Pokémon, who is Ash’s first choice as his original first Pokémon? 3rd person to answer correctly will win a Pokémon Plush!