ASB’s FIRST WORSHIP NIGHT OF THE YEAR!
Tonight (Friday, September 17) from 7-9pm in the Amphitheater.
Come hang out with us, and worship our incredible Creator together!
Warriors Coffee Special!
When you see a Game Day Flag on campus it reminds you of two important things!
- There’s a home game somewhere on campus
- Common Grounds will give you $1 off on any coffee or smoothie if you come in wearing 2 pieces of Corban gear between 1:00-3:30 p.m.!!
Look forward to seeing you — GO WARRIORS!
Tailgating and Smores
Bring your car, truck, van, bike or moped to the Lumberjack Field this Saturday, Sept. 20th for an evening of tailgating, campfires, and s’mores! The event starts at 7:00 PM.
Brought to you by CLT Public Engagement.
Student Event Team
There is an exciting opportunity for students interested in event coordination. If you would like to see what goes on behind the scenes of events like the Scholarship Luncheon or President’s Circle Dinner, apply to be part of Corban’s Student Event Team!
Applications can be found at Student Life and returned to the President’s Office. For more information, e-mail Tori Cole or stop by the President’s Office.
Stinky Bagels is Back in Full Swing!
Stinky Bagels (poetry club) will be meeting at 4:15 on Tuesdays in the Coffee Shop and at noon on Thursdays in the dining hall. For more details email Collette Tennant.
THE “CORBANATOR” IS YOUR FRIEND!
The Corbanator can help you know when to use “who” and when to use “whom.” (Does anyone still care about that?) The Corbanator can provide you with answers to questions like these:
- When do I use a colon?
- What is the difference between a colon and a semi-colon?
- Why should I care about prepositions?
- Why are apostrophes our friends?
You can be a part of this workshop on some basics of the language. Sign up in the Registrar’s Office for En 081. It is FREE and earns one credit! (Such a deal!)
The workshop will meet the first four Thursdays in October from 5-6 p.m. in AC3302.
Questions? Email Ellen Kersey.
DO YOU WANT TO SEE OUR WARRIORS PLAY OREGON STATE?!
Corban University head men’s basketball coach, Steve Masten, announced on Wednesday that the Warriors will be on the Pac-12 Network in a battle against NCAA Division 1 opponent, Oregon State University, on Nov. 18 in Corvallis, Ore., at 7 p.m. “I’m grateful for the chance to play Oregon State for the second year in a row,” commented Masten. “It was one of the highlights of last season, and my players are excited about playing a Pac-12 school at historic Gill Coliseum.” Last season, the Warriors gave the Beavers all they could handle, leading 25-24 with just over five minutes remaining in the first half. After trailing by single digits at halftime, Corban went on to lose the exhibition, 57-77.
The Warriors home-opener, in the C.E. Jeffers Sports Center, will be against New Hope Christian College on Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m. Seven players return from last season, including its top-four scorers. Senior guard Jordan Carter, sophomore forward Cyrus Ward, sophomore guard Caleb Herzberg, and sophomore guard Toby Roth, all of whom averaged double figures.
Wellness Center Resources
- Looking for help with Health or Mental Health related issues?
- Finding a Doctor?
If so look here: http://inside.corban.edu/student-life/wellness-resources
Friendly Reminders from the Reach Office
1. All summer Reach work is due by 9-26-2014. No late work will be accepted. (For instructions, go to Converge, My Courses, Reach.)
2. If you are a NEW FRESHMAN or NEW TRANSFER student and you do not see Reach listed under your My Courses in Converge, please add yourself ASAP by doing this:
a. Log into Converge and you’ll be on the main page.
b. There’s the slider at the top of the screen. Reach is on that slider—click on it.
c. Then you’ll see the Enroll Me button. Click on that and you’ll be added.
Warrior Cross Country Meet
The Cross Country team has their first race today, September 19th, at Fernhill Park in Portland. This is our “CCC Preview Meet” so all the teams from our conference can preview the course that the Conference Championship will be held on. Racing starts at 5:00p.m.
Homecoming & Family Weekend is only two weeks away!!
It’s a big weekend on campus for you and your families & Alumni will be here, too. There’s plenty going on and here are options for you to be a part of:
- Friday October 3, (if you’re NOT in class) 1:30-2:30 LADIES TEA in the Psalm Center, yep, only females. This will include your mother, grandmother & alumnae. Special music, door prizes and Lee Ann Zanon, Adjunct Faculty, will share on “Smiling at the Future, Holding on to Hope”.
- 1:30-3p.m. Disc Golf Tourney for GUYS only on the new course. Play 9 holes of disc golf with your own disc. (Prizes!) Hosted by Campus Rec. This is for your dad, grandfather & alumni.
- Friday night 7:30-8:30 Best of Corban (no competition — just showing off talent). Join friends for a musical variety show of solos, duets, combos & some surprises. Kettle corn & candy!
- 9 p.m. Table Tennis Tourney with prizes. Hosted by Campus Rec.
YOU MUST, MUST, MUST RSVP FOR THESE EVENTS. Why? So we can feed you! If you don’t register and just show up…too bad on the food. (Yikes!)
So just click on this link to register for Friday stuff by Wednesday, Oct. 1.
- Saturday night 7-8 p.m. REACH Showcase in the Psalm Center. Come hear and see where some of your friends have gone plus enjoy yummy International desserts!!
- 7-9 p.m. In It to Win It. You already know what this is!! Sponsored by Campus Rec.
Again, so we can feed you! Click on this link to register for Saturday stuff by Wednesday, Oct. 1.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
- WITHDRAWING FROM A CLASS: You may withdraw from a course through Friday, November 7th. Stop by the Registrar’s Office and pick up a course change card. Once you get the necessary signatures, return it with your $10 fee per class dropped.
- FRESHMEN: Final high school transcripts need to be turned in to the Registrar’s Office. If we haven’t received your transcript, you have been notified by your Core Group advisor. Final transcripts must be received before the start of Spring semester registration. You can not register for spring classes until your transcript has been received in our office.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Have you taken a course recently at another college or university? Make sure that you request an official transcript be sent to our Registrar’s Office.
- GRADUATING in 2014-15, but haven’t applied to graduate? It is not too late! Pick up a graduation application in the Registrar’s Office and submit your paperwork by: Monday, December 1st, 2014.
Big News From the Corban Library!
The Corban University Library is on Twitter! Follow us for information about books, events, and other cool things @CorbanULibrary
We are also on Pinterest where we pin information about the latest books we have acquired : find us @ Corban University.
“PICKING UP THE PIECES” – NOW ONLINE
During the first chapel of September Dr. Matt Lucas presented a compelling introduction to Corban’s “Picking Up the Pieces” theme for this year. This past Monday Dr. Greg Trull launched “Picking Up the Pieces – Through the Book of Judges,” a 6-part Fall 2014 series by Corban’s School of Ministry faculty. If you missed either of these messages, it’s not too late. Both are featured on Corban’s social media channels, including Facebook (aka https://www.facebook.com/CorbanUniversity).