A mock interview may help “calm your nerves” as you work through the job search process.
Mock interviews include: Thinking about the questions you might be asked from the following categories…
Other topics of discussion:
- Dress for positive impact
- Be prepared – show up with all needed documents for interview
- Bring your own questions to ask!
Interested? Email Paul Lindell, M.A., LPCi at the Corban Wellness Center.
Josh Garrels Concert! March 31st
In the Psalm Center at 8:00pm. Email Kelsea Banks for a ticket!
SKY FULL OF STARS/FILM FEST!
If you didn’t get a ticket for the Spring Formal, we have a solution for you! All regular admission tickets are sold out, but we’ve printed off some Film Festival/dance admission tickets that grant entry at 7pm. While these tickets don’t include swing dancing and dinner, they do include admission to the Film Festival and dance party, which is 4 hours worth of good times! These tickets are available to anybody that wants, student or non-student alike. Get them in the bookstore now!
Films for the film festival are due on Wednesday, March 11th from 2-5pm in the ASB office!! Look in your inbox for a previous email sent out by ASB for tickets & specific criteria!
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
- ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT TO DROP A CLASS!: Students you have until Friday, March 13th to withdraw from a class. If you need to drop a class, stop by the Registrar’s Office in Schimmel Hall to pick up the necessary paperwork and pay the $10 fee per class dropped.
- CAP AND GOWN: If you missed Grad Finale and were unable to pick up your cap and gown, please stop by the Registrar’s Office today. If you would like more information about Commencement please go to our webpage.
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: Final College Transcripts Due: Graduating Seniors, if you have taken classes from another college or university, all official transcripts from other institutions must be received in the Registrar’s Office by April 1st.
- GRADUATION APPLICATIONS 2016: If you are planning on graduating in December 2015 or May 2016, stop by the Registrar’s Office any time after Monday, 3/9 to pick up your application. Applications and application fee are due back in the Registrar’s Office by Friday, April 17th.
- REGISTRATION DATES FALL SEMESTER 2015 CLASSES: Please take time to set up an appointment with your advisor prior to the start of registration. All students are to meet with their advisor, go over the courses you are to register for and then receive a registration code.Registration dates are as follows:
Juniors to be seniors & seniors: Monday, March 30, 2015
Sophomores to be juniors: Monday, April 6th
Freshman to be sophomores; Monday, April 13th
*You must have completed the following number of credit hours to be considered a Senior: 93+, Junior 62- 92, Sophomore: 31 – 61, Freshman: 0 – 30.
The following courses will be offered online summer semester 2015:
• ED 410: Philosophy of Education, 2 credits, June 1st – July 31st
• TH233: Biblical Worldview w/Dr. Kent Kersey, 3 credits, June 15th – July 17th
• BI105: Bible Study Methods w/Dr. Sam Baker, 3 credits, July 20th – August 20th
• BI432EO: NT Book Study, Ephesians w/Dr. Gary Derickson, 3 credits, July 20th – August 20th
*Cost per credit hour: $335 Tuition must be paid to the Corban University Business Office at the time of registration. Pick up a course registration form in the Registrar’s Office.
Special Events Intern-Paid position
In last week’s Clips we posted the Job purpose, details on day to day work load, and expectations for event days, for this position in the Special Events office. This is a 10-15 hour a week position. Interested? For details take a look at the full ad from last week’s Clips, Submit Cover Letter and Resume by March 20, 2015. Address to Kellie Wood, Director of Special Events, President’s Office, Schimmel Hall.
MIRACLE WORKER opens next week!
Come encourage the arts at Corban! The theater department’s production of The Miracle Worker opens Thursday March 12th at 10:30am, and continues at 7:00 on the evenings of March 13, 14, 19, 20, and 21. Tickets at $10 for students.
The Miracle Worker tells the story of Helen Keller’s childhood and how she learned to understand the world around her with help from her teacher Annie Sullivan. After losing her sight and hearing at only 18 months old, Helen emerges from darkness into all the hope and beauty life has to offer. Come enjoy this award-winning play and support your fellow students onstage and off!
Westrek: Tillamook Head Hike
Saturday, March 7th 9:45 AM PVG Lobby
Tillamook head rises 1000 feet from the ocean and boasts jagged capes adorned in vegetation. Lucky for us, this is where Westrek is headed next! Get off Campus and join us for an adventure on the coast! You can make new friends or meet new ones, it’ll be a hike to remember!
Cost is FREE!!!
Contact Gavin Bowen if you would like to sign up or have any questions
TUITION REMINDER FROM FINANCIAL SERVICES:
Spring Student Statements were sent to your Corban Email this week. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for the balance to be paid. Please forward your parents this E-statement if they are assisting you to pay.
Early Registration for Fall semester opens March 30th. If you have an unpaid balance and are not on a Payment Plan, a registration HOLD is currently on your account. Take care of your balance, so we can remove that HOLD today!
1. Pay in Full. If you choose this option visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account and make payments electronically.
2. Pay with additional Loans. More information available HERE or contact the Financial Aid Office: (503) 375-7006 or EMAIL.
3. STOP BY and see us if you have questions or concerns. We want to help!
Tuition accounts not on a Payment Plan, covered in loans or paid in full for the semester, incur a monthly late fee of 1.5% of the outstanding balance. This fee will be added on March 16th. Please make payment arrangements to avoid further fees.
CHECK OUT THESE AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS!!!
• Abbot and Fenner Business Consultants $1000 Essay Scholarship.
• LearningPath.org scholarships for a variety of student groups: Student Athletes, Christian Students, Future Teachers and more.
Need more info? email Jamie Gilman Financial Aid Counselor
Last Friday the Library had an Edible book contest. Check out our winners.
APPLY TO BE A CORBAN PUBLICATIONS LEADER!
Do you have a passion for writing or photography?
Would you like to be a mover and a shaker?
Are you willing to learn and try new things?
Do you want to be a part of the “in” crowd and know what is happening on campus before the rest of the student body?
Could you use some extra cash to help pay for tuition?
If the answer is “yes”, consider applying for a leadership position for one of Corban’s publications!
Editor and Asst. Editor positions are available for Corban’s print publication “The Hilltop,” online publication “Hilltop News”, the yearbook, and photographer. We also have a new position available this year for a Business Manager. Each position is a year-long commitment and each includes a small scholarship.
You must be enrolled in Journalism Workshop on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:00-4:15 p.m. if you are selected for a position.
If interested, please pick up an application in the Student Life office. Return your application NLT Thursday, March 19, to the faculty drop box, 5th floor AC, addressed to Amy Elker, journalism adviser.
TOWNHOUSE APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2015 ARE Almost DUE!
Townhouse apps are available in the Student Life office, located on the second floor of Shimmel. Your completed application is due March 12th.
R E A C H !
Register your Spring Break Reach projects at your convenience by uploading a Project Registration Form through the Reach page of Converge (under My Courses). Go ahead and check your “grade” while you’re there, and make sure your Reach record is correct with your understanding of your previous Reach projects and transfer credits. Email any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on Utah Mission
The Hagar Home = A place of refuge, healing, and hope for those fleeing polygamy
What? A 40 minute documentary about women & children who fled polygamy and have found refuge in Christ.
When? March 6th @ 8pm
Where? Emitte Center
Why? To see what this ministry is all about and how you can help!!
* If you are unable to attend but would still like to learn more about this ministry, please contact Jenna Marie Harris, Morgan Case, or check out the website http://www.hagarhome.org/index.htm