READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THIS EDITION FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $5!
After chapel stop by the ASB office in Schimmel for free donuts until their gone! ASB is awesome and wants to celebrate FRIDAY with you! Like their door says, “Loiterers Welcome!”
Pursuing Your Passion
Alum Jason Leon is a State Champion Public Speaker (World Championships of Public Speaking). He’s currently doing a speaking tour on “Pursuing Your Passion.” You can hear Jason at Corban this Saturday, Jan. 24, 10:00 a.m. in PV101. More details at https://www.facebook.com/Ltleon2k2
Two Evenings of Basketball!
WBB: 5:30pm vs. Northwest
MBB: 7:30pm vs. Northwest
WBB: 5:30pm vs. Evergreen
MBB: 7:30pm vs. Evergreen
Who knows…maybe you’ll see Cadmar!
MR. VG JANUARY 27TH & 29TH
Come see the men of PVG apply their minds, bodies, creativity, and cunning to determine who is fit for the coveted title of Mr. VG. This is no man pageant.
Be a Corban Experience Host & Be Blessed with Cash!
2 for $25! Let us supply some gas money, or coffee run money, or maybe there is something from Target you just really want but can’t save your pennies for right now… If you host TWO guests for Corban Experience, we will bless you with an additional bonus. Dorm room too small to accommodate a lot of guests? Well, this also works for 2 guests PER DORM ROOM- you just have to split the extra $5 with your roomie. If you host a solo guest you will still receive a $10 gift card because we are so thankful! Remember though, this is a great opportunity to serve and be an ambassador for Corban University! Everyone must register again for spring, even if you hosted last fall. Here is the link: https://inside.corban.edu/visit/corban-experience/host.
The CORBANATOR Arrives In February!
YOU may want to be a part.
What is the CORBANATOR? It is a workshop that will cover some of the basics of writing: grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
When: Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26
Time: 5-6 p.m.
How can I sign up? Register for En091 in the registrar’s office
Credit: One credit
Questions? Email Ellen Kersey
Interested in AMBEX?
All students interested in Ambex either in the Fall of 2015 or Spring 2016, there are two Ambex Lunch times coming up in the Oakland room of Aramark on Tuesday January 27th from 12-1pm and on Monday, February 2nd from 12-1pm!
We hope to see you all soon!
Career Counseling Services
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing skills
- Career Assessments
- Behavioral Analysis
- Job Sourcing
- Discovering Passion
8am – 4pm Tuesday & Thursday @ Wellness Center
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul at extension 2004
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
- Graduation Requirements: Final College Transcripts Due:
Graduating Seniors, if you have taken classes from another college or university, all official transcripts from other institutions must be received in the Registrar’s Office by April 1st. All Reach requirements must be completed by April 3rd.
- Dropping Classes: Please check sis.corban.edu to make sure that your schedule is correct. If you need to drop a course, stop by the Registrar’s Office to pick up the necessary paperwork and pay the $10 fee per class dropped.
- Grad Finale: Are you graduating this year? Watch your mailbox for more information coming soon about Grad Finale. Grad Finale will be: Thursday, February 19th from 2:30 – 6:30 pm in the Emitte Center. This is an opportunity to pick up your cap and gown, graduation tickets, order announcements, class rings, meet our graduation photographer, learn more about alumni and career services, the ABS banquet and much, much, more…DON’T MISS THIS!!!!
Do you have a current 2014/15 parking sticker? Did you know that if you change residence halls you need to get a new sticker? (they are free of charge) Don’t get a senseless parking violation when they are free…at the Student Life desk, second floor of Schimmel!
A Reminder from the Reach Office:
Graduating seniors: Please remember that all Reach work is due by Friday, April 3rd, 2015. Please upload all Project Registration Forms and one-page reflection papers through the Reach page of Converge; email the Supervisor Evaluation form to the supervisor, and he/she will email it back to email@example.com.
Corban Softball Raffle!
The Corban Softball team is holding their annual raffle. Prizes include gift cards to local restaurants, coffee shops, a Red Lion hotel stay, and more! The grand prize is a guided winter steelhead fishing trip for two with famed guide, Josiah Darr, of JDarr Guided Fishing valued at $500. The drawing will be held January 31st. Tickets can be purchased for $5 each by emailing or calling Nathan Ohta (503.316.3398)
A NOTE FROM FINANCIAL SERVICES:
Don’t forget your Tuition Payment for Spring Semester! Payment Options Below:
- Pay in Full. if you choose this option visit https://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account and make payments electronically.
- Monthly Payment Plan. If you did not need a payment plan for Fall semester but need to set one up for Spring, drop by Financial Services and we would be happy to help you.
- Pay with additional Loans. More information available at http://www.corban.edu/financial-aid or contact the Financial Aid Office: (503) 375-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition accounts not on a Payment Plan, covered in loans or paid in full for the semester, incur a monthly late fee of 1.5% of the outstanding balance.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER FROM FINANCIAL AID:
Complete your 2015-2016 FAFSA!
Complete it by January 15th to be eligible for the most aid possible!
Questions? Contact Financial Aid!
Schimmel Rm 107 – 503-375-7006 – email@example.com
Speaking of presidents…first STUDENT to the Student Life desk with the answer to this question wins U.S. currency with President Lincoln’s face on it!
Which past president of Corban University (aka-Western Baptist Bible College) wrote poetry until well after he was 100 years old?