Show Don’t Tell!!!
Audition sign ups for”Show Don’t Tell” (our Corban talent show) are now up on the bulletin board on the second floor of Schimmel. Come show us what you’ve got and have a chance to win $500!
Auditions are January 28-29 from 6:30-8:30pm.
If you have questions feel free to contact email@example.com
Need a job?
Check out the Job Board in Schimmel, or on line at: http://inside.corban.edu/career-services/job-board
Financial Aid Reminders
- If returning next year, please do your 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov by February 15th. We highly recommend that you do your FAFSA in January.
- It is very important for Oregon students to do the FAFSA in January because the Oregon Opportunity Grant (OOG) may not be available to those who do the FAFSA late.
- Our 2014-2015 Church Matching application due date is August 15th. You can download it at http://www.corban.edu/financial-aid.
- If you are an Oregon resident, it is well worth your time to fill out the scholarship application at https://app.oregonstudentaid.gov by March 1st.
- Be sure you or your parents know about the American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning tax credits. See www.irs.gov/publications/p970.
From The Registrar’s Office:
- Grad Finale: For Graduating SENIORS!!!!! Thursday, February 6th from 2:30 – 6:30 p.m. (open house) in the Emitte Center. If you are graduating this school year you will want to stop by Grad Finale. It’s an opportunity to pick up your cap and gown, graduation tickets, order graduation announcements, class rings, meet our graduation photographer, learn more about alumni and career services and much, much more…DON’T MISS THIS!!! http://www.corban.edu/commencement/grad-finale-everything-degree
- Adding/dropping classes: Students you have until Friday, TODAY, January 17th to add/drop classes from your spring semester schedule. Please check online to make sure that your schedule is correct. If not, you should be able to still make changes to your schedule using your registration code. If you are a senior, all changes will be made in the Registrar’s Office.
- Please submit just ONE copy of your reflection paper.
- Please feel free to email the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC MASCOT CHALLENGE:
Do not forget to vote for Cadmar the Warrior in the Cascade Collegiate Conference Mascot Challenge. Visit www.facebook.com/CascadeCollegiateConference, search for Cadmar’s photo with Dr. Nord, and ‘like’ the photo to count your vote. Cadmar is going head-to-head with Oregon Tech’s Hootie this week, as all votes need to be in by 8 PM (PST) tonight. Make sure that all your family and friends, ‘like’ Cadmar’s photo with our University President so that we can advance in the challenge.
SPRING SPORTS AROUND THE CORNER
The weather is getting warmer, the flowers are almost ready to bloom, and Corban’s spring sports teams are hard at work preparing for their seasons to begin. The Warrior track team will be the first squad to compete this spring when a select handful of runners attempt to qualify this weekend – Sunday, January 19th – at the annual Cascade Half Marathon in Turner beginning at 1:00 PM. On the first day of February, Corban’s baseball team will take on NCAA Division III member Whitman in a double header beginning at noon at Wilsonville High School. Corban’s defending CCC regular season champion softball team will take to the diamond next when the Warriors play three games at the Big League Dreams Tournament in Northern California on Friday, February 7th. Be sure to follow all the action this spring by visiting www.GoWarriorsGo.com.
CONGRATS TO MISS VANWEERDHUIZEN!
Congratulations to Corban women’s basketball player Tara Vanweerdhuizen, as she became the 16th player in program history to score 1,000-or-more points in a career. The third-year Warrior joined this elite group last Saturday against Concordia, as Vanweerdhuizen led Corban to its sixth conference win of the season in seven games.
Do you want to live in the Townhouses next school year?
Townhouse applications are available starting today Friday January 17th. The application and the $100 housing deposit will be due by March 7th.