CORBAN BOOKSTORE HAS A FACEBOOK PAGE!
Go there for special unadvertised sale prices on items that’s only
promoted on Facebook! Go ahead, take a look! You know you love shopping online, the only difference here is you don’t pay for shipping, just run down the hill and pick it up, same day!
Take a look and let the bookstore know what you think!
*Book buy back is December 9-13 from 8am to 4pm each day!
CORBAN UNIVERSITY LIBRARY HOLIDAY HOURS
Thanksgiving Week Hours
Tues. Nov. 26 7:45am – 6:00pm
Wed. Nov. 27 Closed
Thu. Nov. 28 Closed
Fri. Nov. 29 Closed
Sat. Nov. 30 Closed
Sun. Dec. 1 2:00pm – 12:00am
J-LAB WANTS YOU!
Do you like to meet new people? Express yourself creatively? Talk about important issues?
If so, why not use your gifts and talents to make a difference for Christ and the Corban community by becoming a part of The Hilltop print, online, and yearbook staff! You may participate in two ways: join the J-lab class for one, two, or three credits OR work as a freelance writer, cartoon artist or photographer, contributing as you are able.
This is a fabulous opportunity to build your resume and allow you to connect with students and faculty at Corban.
There are many other great opportunities as well: Kate Tracy, former Hilltop Editor, is currently working in Chicago as an intern with “Christianity Today”; Kelsey Leavitt, current Hilltop Online Editor, recently had one of her online Hilltop articles published in “Forward” and “ Direction,” two faith-based magazines for young adults; and just last week, two J-lab students received free passes to the Switchfoot Concert so they could write a review.
DON’T MISS THE SSI DEADLINE, AND YOUR CHANCE AT A GREAT PRIZE!
The deadline for completion of the Student Satisfaction Inventory is next week. The link to the survey was emailed to all traditional undergrads at the beginning of the month. Please take time to complete this important survey by November 26! Your feedback is very important and will guide the choices we make. In appreciation for completing the survey, you will be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 Amazon gift card, one of three of $20 gift cards for iTunes and one of four $10 gift cards from iTunes.
SOFTBALL TEAM IS HOLDING A RAFFLE!
They will be giving away over $1000 in prizes including…
- Weekend getaway at the beach
- Two night stay at Red Lion
- Numerous gift cards
- GRAND PRIZE: an all inclusive guided winter steelhead fishing trip for two with Coach Ohta and Josiah Darr, famed Tillamook Guide and writer for Salmon Trout & Steelheader Magazine ($500 value).
Tickets are $5 each, contact any team member or Coach Ohta (email@example.com) for more info.
MEN’S SOCCER TO BE IN CALIFORNIA AT NAIA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
For the first time in program history, Corban’s men’s soccer team will be playing in the NAIA National Championship when the Warriors take on Concordia-Irvine in an opening round game on Saturday, November 23rd, beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Southern California. Due to non-regulation field dimensions in Irvine, the game has been moved to Biola University in La Mirada. The game will be available both with Live Video and Live Stats by visiting GoWarriorsGo.com and clicking on the ‘Men’s Soccer Schedule’ tab.
Congratulations are in order for members of both the men’s and women’s soccer teams! Head coaches Aaron Lewis and Marty Ziesemer were named Coach of the Year for their respective sports, while senior Audrey Sullivan was named Offensive Player of the Year for women’s soccer and freshman Kemar Prince was voted Newcomer of the Year for men’s soccer. A total of 11 student-athletes were honored as All-Cascade Collegiate Conference selections in the two sports.
CORBAN REPRESENTED AT NAIA CROSS COUNTRY NATIONALS!
Sophomore Alexis Mitzel will be running this weekend at the NAIA Cross Country Championships at Rim Rock Farm in Lawrence, Kansas. She is the lone Warrior that will be competing on Saturday, November 23rd, beginning at 11:45 a.m. (Central Standard Time). Be sure to check GoWarriorsGo.com for results from the event.
NO CHAPEL NEXT WEEK….HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!
FROM THE REGISTRAR:
- FINAL EXAMS: December 9 – 12, 2013: Check this link for the day and time of your final exams: http://www.corban.edu/calendars/final-examinations
- RESCHEDULING A FINAL: Rescheduling a final is an option only when there is an unavoidable emergency, if you have two exams scheduled at the same time, have more than three exams in one day or a documented disability. Please stop by the Registrar’s Office if you need to reschedule your exam.
- SPRING SEMESTER REGISTRATION: All students should be registering for spring semester classes. If you have not registered for your classes please take care of this before you leave for Christmas break.
- HAVE YOU APPLIED TO GRADUATE?: The last day to apply to graduate for the 2013-14 school year is December 1st, 2013. Applications are available in the Registrar’s Office.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER
This is a short but insightful article on returning home after being away at college for the first time. Enjoy your Thanksgiving break!