After a couple week hiatus… the news you’ve all been waiting for!
An evening of square dancing, food, and many fun activities! Wear your best Western clothes and boots for a fun time!
Saturday, October 17th 7:00PM-10:00PM
Langdon Farms – The Red Shed: 24377 NE Airport Rd, Aurora, OR 97002
What: Host a student over Corban Experience Weekend
Where: Your awesome dorm room!
When: November 8th-9th, 2015
Why: This is a chance to connect with a prospective student, share your own Corban journey, inspire higher education, win some cash, introduce campus culture, and eat pancakes at midnight… just to name a few!
The host application is now live! You can access the registration form here.
FROM THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
Withdrawing from a class:
If you need to withdraw from a class, please stop by the Registrar’s Office to pick up a course change card. Once you have the required signatures, please return the form to the Registrar’s Office with your $10 fee per class withdrawn. The last day to withdraw from a course is: Friday, November 6th.
SPRING SEMESTER REGISTRATION: It is time to start scheduling appointments with your adviser…
- All graduating Seniors should already be registered for classes for spring semester. Please check SIS to see If you need to make any changes to your spring schedule now.
- Non-graduating Seniors/Juniors : Registration begins on Monday, November 2nd
- Sophomores: Registration begins on Monday, November 9th
- Freshman: Registration begins on Monday, November 16th. New adviser information will be distributed at an upcoming freshman seminar.
Final High School and College Transcripts Due:
- Students, if you are a freshman and have not sent in your final high school transcript, please put in your request now to have your transcript sent to the registrar’s office at Corban. If we haven’t received your transcript, you and your core advisor have been notified. Transcripts will need to in the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of spring semester registration, otherwise this will prevent you from being able to register for classes.
- If you have taken classes at another university or college and have not had your final transcripts sent to Corban. Please contact the schools registrar’s office and have your final official transcript mailed to the registrar’s office at Corban.
Graduating this year?
If you did not apply to graduate last April, it is not too late. Pick up a graduation application in the registrar’s office and submit your paperwork before December 1, 2015.
FROM THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT
Student Recital: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 – 12:00pm – Psalm Center
Come support your fellow students as they present what they have been learning thus far in their private music lessons! This recital will feature pieces both by renowned composers as well as a couple of Corban students!
Choirs Concert – How Can I Keep From Singing: Thursday, October 22, 2015 – 7:30pm – Psalm Center
The Corban Concert and Chamber Choirs will perform a variety of music from their fall repertoire, focusing on the reasons for our song.
Orchestra & Concert Band Concert – A Celebration of Holst: Friday, October 23, 2015 – 7:30pm – Psalm Center
The Concert Band and Chamber Orchestra will perform a variety of music from their fall repertoire, featuring two iconic pieces from legendary composer Gustav Holst.
Veteran actor Ted Rooney will be speaking for Corban’s Arts Initiative chapel on Wednesday, October 21st at 10:00am in the Psalm Center.
FROM FINANCIAL SERVICES
On September 24th you received your Monthly Student Tuition Statement in your Corban Email. Please look at it closely. If there is missing Financial Aid or loans, you may need to accept them or complete steps to be sure you receive your awards. If you have a remaining balance due at the bottom of your statement, you need to follow through with one of the Tuition Payment Options below:
- Pay in Full. if you choose this option, your Student Statement will provide you with the amount due for Fall semester, or visit http://sis.corban.edu to access your Student Tuition Account and make payments electronically.
- Monthly Payment Plan. Application available at http://go.corban.edu/paymentplan
- Pay with additional Loans. More information available at https://inside.corban.edu/financial-aid, or contact the Financial Aid Office: (503) 375-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition accounts not on a Payment Plan, covered in loans or paid in full for the semester, incur a monthly late fee of 1.5% of the outstanding balance.
Please stop by Financial Services at any time. We would be happy to assist you!!
FROM THE LIBRARY
The library would like to announce the return of play dough. We have homemade regular and gluten free play dough available for 2 hour check out at both circulation desks. This play dough is enhanced with essential oils to assist in the learning process, many studies have shown the value of engaging the senses as you study and learn new information.
You can also take a study break and do something creative by designing a bookmark. Entry forms are at each desk, submissions are due October 30. The top three will be published and available for students to use in November!
MSOC vs. Walla Walla: Friday @3pm
WSOC Senior Day vs. Trinity Lutheran: Saturday @1pm
MSOC Senior Day vs. Multnomah: Saturday @3pm
BIBLE LANDS STUDY TOUR
Have you heard about our May 2016 Bible Lands Study Tour? Dr. Tim Anderson and Dr. Greg Trull are so excited to return to the Holy Land. We would love for you to join us! You can learn more at our ISRAEL TOUR INFORMATION MEETING in the EMITTE CENTER at 5:00 PM TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 22. Don’t miss it!
Let us tell you a little about where we are going. We’ll travel to southern Israel where we will experience places like the Dead Sea, Masada, and Qumran. In that area we will have camel ride into the desert like Abraham for an overnight with Bedouins. We will then move to northern Israel and Galilee. Highlights will include Capernaum, Caesarea on the Sea and ancient Dan. We will also share worship together as part of a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Our tour will climax in Jerusalem, the heart of the Holy Land. History will surround us as we walk in the steps of David, Nehemiah and Christ. Our last day, we will retrace the final ministry, sacrifice and resurrection of Christ. We’ll move from His healing of the lame at the Pool of Bethesda, to the prayer in Gethsemane and on to Calvary and the Open Tomb. Unforgettable. These are just a few of the amazing places we will enjoy together. If you want to see more of the sites on the tour and extension, check out our info meeting or come see us personally.
Some basic tour info:
Cost: $2095 + Airfare
Dates: May 6-20
Payment $250 tour deposit due with your registration (reserves your spot)
Schedule November 6
If you’re in Salem, come to our informational meeting on campus in the Emitte Center (2nd floor of Schimmel Hall) on Tuesday @ 5:00 PM. It’s the start of a fantastic adventure!
Greg Trull, Ph.D. Tim Anderson, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Ministry Professor of Theology
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
Please make sure your emergency contact information is current. To update information follow these steps:
- Go to https://inside.corban.edu/safety/emergency-notification
- Find option 2 and click the “here” button.
- Complete the information as prompted.