The Center for Global Engagement is hiring! Turn your interest in other cultures into a paid position while gaining hands-on experience in international education. These opportunities are for students interested in furthering their experience in international education, TESOL, and working with other cultures.
Every year, 30 to 36 students and 5-6 leaders from partner organizations visit Corban for a 3 week Summer of Success camp. This innovative program offers cultural immersion, intensive English instruction and classes in Gospel Truth, International Communication and Christian Thought. Students live on campus the entire camp duration (July 25 – August 14) except for two overnight camping trips.
- English Instructors (no age requirement) provide instruction in spoken, written and nonverbal communication skills in English to English Language Learners. You will adapt a curriculum we have already established, using the provided instructional materials, activities and lesson plans.
- Camp Coordinators serve in a camp counselor role and help out in camp operations. Because of Corban’s insurance requirements, Camp Coordinators need to be at least 21 years of age and have a driving record with no more than 1 incident in the last three years. Please see full job description attached. The role is driving students in vans, helping students with meals both at the Dining Hall and local restaurants, leading cultural trips to places like Silver Falls and the beach, and leading Team Building and Team Challenges games.
- English Instructors work approx 15-20 hours per week. Classes are held daily, MTWTF, from July 29 to August 9. Most English Instructors teach 3 sessions per day of 45 minutes for 10 days.
- Camp Coordinators work approx 40 hours per week, sometimes more. The Awana Korea camp is July 25 to August 14.
How to apply:
- Review the full job description for your position of interest:
- Submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by campus mail to: Sam Pearson. Please write to email@example.com to request an MS Word application.
- Applicants who meet the minimum Qualifications and Requirements will be invited to an interview.
- $11.25 an hour (for positions on or after July 1, 2019).
- Compensation subject to IRS deductions.
Onboarding paperwork includes the regular Corban HR forms:
- I-9 form to verify employment eligibility;
- Copy of required I-9 approved ID(s);
- Student Employee Verification with confidentiality acknowledgment;
- W-9; and
- Direct deposit with consent for electronic paystubs