Join us for the next Cultural Intelligence (CQ) training at Corban University led by the Center for Global Engagement.
This is a two-day workshop.
- Friday, March 16, 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Saturday, March 17, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Emitte Center at Corban University.
Cultural Intelligence is a multi-dimensional construct, valid across social, demographic and personal variables, that measures one’s capacity to lead and serve effectively in diverse cultural settings.
Examples of CQ in action include saying “no” in appropriate ways across cultures, knowing how to negotiate a business deal effectively and moving a diverse team toward innovative thinking and action.
Strategies covered included adapting one’s personal communication style to fit the preference of diverse colleagues, allowing time for all to participate in accordance to their comfort level, engaging a cultural mentor to help you lead effectively in multi-cultural tasks, and forming a strategic action plan for the next culturally unique scenario you enter.
Research indicates that homogeneous teams low in CQ are more effective than diverse teams; however, diverse teams high in Cultural Intelligence are much more innovative, effective and have a higher return on investment than homogeneous teams with low levels of CQ.
Past Corban University CQ workshops led participants to reflect that “I’m definitely going to use my knowledge . . . to be aware of how others see the world” and “I will have more purposeful conversations with the international students in my dorm.”
Steps to registration:
- Pay the $25 fee using these Payment Instructions
- After processing all registrations, we will send you a link to the Cultural Intelligence test.
- Take the 15-minute online test. The test generates a personalized CQ report specific to you.
- You must complete the 15-minute Cultural Intelligence test by March 2, 2018.
- The CGE will supply the personalized CQ report on March 16 to all participants who have paid the $25 fee and taken the Cultural Intelligence test in advance.
Attendance is capped at 40 participants.