Summer Internships in Indonesia Available
by Sam Pearson
The Center for Global Engagement invites applications to the Summer 2018 Sekolah Pelita Harapan (SPH) Internships. Corban University Education majors are encouraged to apply.
The internship includes two weeks of being the summer program instructor at SPH and the remaining two weeks a mixed schedule of teaching in Sekolah Lentera Harapan (SLH) schools as well as a cultural trip. SPH will prepare accommodation, transportation and meals during the stay in Indonesia. SPH may also provide subsidies to their flights for those who need it.
|June 27||Wednesday||Arrive in Jakarta|
|June 28-29||Thursday, Friday||Preparation|
|June 30||Saturday||Tour of Jakarta|
|July 1||Sunday||Church and tour Jakarta|
|July 2-6||Monday-Friday||Summer program 1|
|July 7-8||Weekend||Tour of Jakarta, church and shopping|
|July 9-13||Monday-Friday||Summer program 2|
|July 14||Saturday||Free time|
|July 16-20||Monday-Friday||Teaching at SLH|
|July 21-25||Saturday-Wednesday||Tour outside Jakarta (place to be decided)|
|July 26||Thursday||Fly home|
- 2.50 cumulative GPA or higher
- Current Corban University Education majors
- Students in their 4th year are preferred
- Applications, essays and references must demonstrate the following:
- Teaching experience demonstrating potential for a career teaching position
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and collaborate with a wide variety of faculty, staff and students both domestic and abroad
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with Corban University’s mission as described in our Statement of Faith
- Be an active Christian with a call to pursue God’s Kingdom and an interest in potential international teaching positions in the future
- In new cultural situations, the successful applicant will be able to make appropriate adjustments to understand and behave effectively in diverse settings
Download and complete the Summer Program Form.
Please attach your picture and email the complete form to: email@example.com.
- Phase 1: The CGE will evaluate all applications for minimum requirements and good academic standing at Corban University. The CGE will recommend applicants to SPH.
- Phase 2: SPH will evaluate applicants and notify successful applicants by the end of February, 2018.
Students are encouraged to finish their applications by February 1, 2018. However, applications may still be evaluated after that date.
Successful applicants are responsible to secure:
- Round-trip airfare to and from Jakarta, Indonesia;
- A valid U.S. passport with expiration later than six months after July 26, 2018;
- An entry visa to Indonesia. Visas can be purchased on arrival. Visa regulations for U.S. visitors to Indonesia change frequently and a visa may not be required. Visas typically cost less than $50.
- Prepare a small amount of money to pay for personal expenses e.g. souvenirs, buying snacks at minimarket, etc
January 8, 2019
October 18, 2018
September 20, 2018