Provider: CCCU BestSemester
All students take three seminar courses and an Arabic course throughout the semester. Qualified students may receive intercultural practicum credit by special permission with BestSemester.
Transfer Credit Possibilities
*Indicates required course
|Middle East Studies Program||Corban Catalog: 2017/18 and Prior||Corban Catalog: 2018/19 Onward|
|BestSemester Title||BestSemester Credits||Corban Course Code||Corban Title||Corban Credits||Code||Title||Credits|
|Conflict and Change*||4||PH303||History of Philosophy or
|3||PH303||History of Philosophy or
|Intro to Arabic Language*||4 to 6||HU||Foreign Language or Humanities Elective||4 to 6||HU||Foreign Language or Humanities Elective||4 to 6|
|Islamic Thought and Practice*||3 to 4||HU or
|Humanities Elective or
|3 to 4||HU or
|Humanities Elective or
|3 to 4|
|Peoples and Cultures of the Middle East*||3||CO403||Intercultural Communication||3||CO403||Intercultural Communication||3|
|Peoples and Cultures of the Middle East*||3||CO403||Intercultural Communication||3||IS||Intercultural Studies Elective||3|
More transfer credit options may be available. All approvals of transfer credit require a signed and completed Course Substitution Form.
MESP students live in the same family apartment complex as the MESP staff. All of the apartments are fully furnished and have washing machines, dishwashers, and wireless internet. All female students share one large apartment, and male students share a second apartment adjacent to the MESP Center. Bedrooms are always shared (3-5 people/room); occupancy varies depending on the size of each semester’s cohort.
A fourteen-week semester offered in Spring and Fall
Spring 2018: Jan 9 – Apr 19
Fall 2018: Aug 27 – Dec 7
BestSemester Application Requirements for MESP
- 2.75 GPA
- Sophomore, junior or senior at the time of matriculation
- A completed online application form
- $50 application fee (payable by check or credit card)
- 1 faculty references (online)
- 1 character reference (online)
- Forms (Download at http://www.bestsemester.com/apply/required-campus-application-forms)
- Official transcript(s) of all college course work
- Certification form (signed by the Corban University Registrar and the Associate Director of the Center for Global Engagement)
- Social/behavioral standing verification form (signed by the Corban University Dean of Student Life)
- Non-refundable $300 confirmation fee
Additional Corban University Application Requirements for MESP
Applications reviewed until Jun 1, or until all spots are filled.
Applications reviewed until Nov 1, or until all spots are filled.
Center for Global Engagement
Academic Center 5517