ASP prepares students for faith-based engagement with the nation’s leaders in Washington, D.C. ASP is ideal for students interested in Communications, History, Journalism and Political Science.
Provider: CCCU BestSemester
329 8th Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
All students take Internship (8-9 credits) and Professional Development Practicum (1 credit). Students also choose from the Public Policy track or Strategic Communication track. Courses take place at internship sites in the D.C. metro area as well as at the Dellenback Center, which houses seven student apartments. The Dellenback Center also contains classrooms, study spaces, administrative offices and recreation facilities.
Transfer Credit Possibilities
*Indicates required course
This chart provides a reference point to possible course substitutions. All course substitutions require a Course Substitution Form signed and approved by the appropriate department chair(s) and the Registrar’s Office. Contact the CGE to pick up and submit a Course Substitution Form and request help.
|American Studies Program||Corban Catalog: 2017/18 and Prior||Corban Catalog: 2018/19 Onward|
|CO30X||Case Studies in Strategic Communication||3||CO 273||Print Journalism II||3||CO 273||Print Journalism II||3|
|PO40X||Internship*||6||PO 276||Internship (Political Science)||6||PO 276||Internship (Political Science)||6|
|CO40X||Internship*||6||CO413||Communication Internship||3||CO413||Communication Internship||3|
|HI40X||Internship*||6||HI20X||Intro to Historical Study||3|
|CO300||Professional Mentorship*||1||CO311||Critique for Publication||1||CO311||1|
|PO30X||Topics in Leadership and Vocation||3||PO||Political Science Elective||3||PO||Political Science Elective||3|
|TH30X||Topics in Leadership and Vocation||3||TH333||Ethics||3||TH333||Ethics||3|
|PO30X||Politics of Public Policy||3||PO||Political Science Elective||3|
|PO30X||Christian Political Engagement||3||PO||Political Science Elective||3|
|PO30X||Professional Development Practicum||1||PO||Political Science Elective||1|
|PO30X||Professional Development Practicum||1||General Elective||1|
|PO30X||Internship*||6*||PO20X||Political Science Internship||6*|
More transfer credit options may be available. All approvals of transfer credit require a signed and completed Course Substitution Form.
You’ll stay in a fully-furnished, two-bedroom apartment for four to six students, complete with a well-equipped kitchen, a washer and dryer, and free local telephone and voicemail service.
Semester: offered in Spring and Fall
Fall 2018: Aug 22 – Dec 14
Spring 2019: Jan 9 – May 3
Fall 2019: Aug 21 – Dec 12
BestSemester Application Requirements for ASP
- 2.75 GPA
- Sophomore, junior or senior at the time of matriculation
- A completed online application form
- $50 application fee (payable by check or credit card)
- 1 faculty references (online)
- 1 character reference (online)
- Forms (Download at http://www.bestsemester.com/apply/required-campus-application-forms)
- Official transcript(s) of all college course work
- Certification form (signed by the corban university registrar and associate director of the center for global engagement)
- Social/behavioral standing verification form (signed by the corban university dean of student life)
- Current resume
- Non-refundable $300 confirmation fee
Additional Corban University Application Requirements for ASP
- Fall Applications reviewed until June 1, or until all spots are filled.
- Spring Applications reviewed until October 1, or until all spots are filled.
Center for Global Engagement
Academic Center 5517