Provider: CCCU BestSemester
Contemporary Music Center
559 Church Street East
Brentwood, TN 37027
All students take Faith, Music & Culture (3 credits), Inside the Music Industry (3 credits) and Practicum: “CMC Tour” (1 credit). Additionally, all students choose the Artist Elective, Business Elective or Technical Elective. Students spend the first 10 weeks at CMC creating music, taking classes and learning techniques before hitting the road for a five-week tour.
Transfer Credit Possibilities
*Indicates required course
This chart provides a reference point to possible course substitutions. All course substitutions require a Course Substitution Form signed and approved by the appropriate department chair(s) and the Registrar’s Office. Contact the CGE to pick up and submit a Course Substitution Form and request help.
|Contemporary Music Center||Corban Catalog: 2017/18 and Prior||Corban Catalog: 2018/19 Onward|
|Advanced Studio Recording||3||CO||Communications Elective||3||CO||Communications Elective||3|
|Audio Engineering||3||Gen Ed Elective||3||Gen Ed Elective||3|
|Concert Production||3||Gen Ed Elective||3||Gen Ed Elective||3|
|Essentials of Song Writing||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3|
|Faith, Music, and Culture*||3||HU||Humanities Elective||3||HU||Humanities Elective||3|
|Inside the Music Industry*||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3|
|Performance||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3|
|Practicum CMC Tour*||1||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||1||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||1|
|Studio Recording||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3||MU||Music Elective or Gen Ed||3|
More transfer credit options may be available. All approvals of transfer credit require a signed and completed Course Substitution Form.
Students live in the Brentwood Apartment complex, right across the street from the Contemporary Music Center. Each apartment features a kitchen, wireless internet and free access to the fitness center and swimming pool. The apartments are fully furnished, including kitchen supplies.
A fifteen-week semester offered in Spring and Fall
Fall 2018: Aug 11 – Nov 22
Spring 2019: Jan 12 – Apr 25
Fall 2019: Aug 17 – Nov 26
BestSemester Application Requirements for CMC
- 2.75 GPA
- Sophomore, junior or senior at the time of matriculation
- A completed online application form
- $50 application fee (payable by check or credit card)
- 1 faculty references (online)
- 1 character reference (online)
- Forms (Download at http://www.bestsemester.com/apply/required-campus-application-forms)
- Official transcript(s) of all college course work
- Certification form (signed by the corban university registrar and associate director of the center for global engagement)
- Social/behavioral standing verification form (signed by the corban university dean of student life)
- Audition materials (for artist track applicants only)
- Non-refundable $300 confirmation fee
Additional Corban University Application Requirements for CMC
- Fall Applications reviewed until June 1, or until all spots are filled.
- Spring Applications reviewed until November 1, or until all spots are filled.
Center for Global Engagement
Academic Center 5517